Wednesday, May 12, 2010

ArtWalk Friday June 4th 2010

Friday June 4th 2010 is the date of my first solo art show.

It will only be my second art show ever, the first being a co-exhibit with my dad a hundred million years ago.

I am pretty excited, a little nervous.  Putting yourself 'out there' so to speak is a risky thing as an artist, as a person.  I don't like risky things. I like things I know, things I am good at.  I like my comfort zone.  There are good snacks there.

I like to do my art work in the safety of my own home.  Then put it in boxes and look at it when I feel comfortable.  Show it to people I feel comfortable with. And then go make something yummy to eat.

 An art filled life...you bet.  As long as no one knows about it.

  The age old question on the nature of art. The question artists in black berets, smoking cigarettes and sipping espresso coffee debate using words the rest of us have never heard. Is art ART, if no one sees it? Is it art without the community to receive it?  Is there a point to making a lovely meal if there is no one there to share it with?  You could eat it all by yourself, (I have on more than one occasion, not that I  am proud of it) but isn't it sweeter to share?  We could keep our song to ourselves, but wouldn't it be nicer if someone could hear it?  Not in my case, but a song sung by someone with a good voice? Does a tree in the woods...you get it.

Does sharing complete the process of ART?  I think it might have something to do with it.  Actually, I think sharing completes the process of more than just art.  I could be wrong though, it has been known to happen.  Once, about eight years ago.  It was a bad time for me.

 So here it goes....I'm gonna put myself out there.  And I'm gonna do it tomorrow and the day after, and the day after that and the day after that. The next day I might take a day off though, I get so tired.






If you are anywhere near my neck of the woods on June 4th, come see me, I could use the love.  If you are too far away, I accept gifts and checks.  Love comes in lots of different ways.

Friday June 4th 2010,  
5:30pm Studio Mantra 5th Ave.Downtown Eugene 
(Across from Oregon Electric Station)

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for sharing your art with us. It really is wonderful!!1
    As a fellow closet artist I can relate to your feelings about getting your art out there. KEEP DOING IT!!! I haven't had a lot of time for art these past few months put I'm looking forward to it as things settle a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! And for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete